For most Americans, a home is the most expensive purchase they will ever make. It’s a serious transaction, and proper representation, whether you’re a buyer or a seller, is critical. Realtor.com explains why working with a Realtor is your best option.
1. Realtors have loads of expertise. Want to check the MLS for a 4B/2B with an EIK and a W/D? Real estate has its own language, and your Realtor is trained to speak it fluently. Realtors will help you navigate the forms, reports, disclosures, and other documents, while avoiding delays or costly mistakes.
2. Online real estate listing sites mean you can find up-to-date home listings on your own, any time you want. But guess what? Realtors have access to even more listings. Sometimes properties are available but not actively advertised. A Realtor can help you find those hidden gems. And a good local Realtor is going to know the search area really well. Have your eye on a particular neighborhood, but it’s out of your price range? Your Realtor is equipped to know the ins and outs of every neighborhood, so he or she can direct you toward a home in your price range that you may have missed.
3. Realtors have honed their negotiating skills. Any time you buy or sell a home, you’re going to encounter negotiations. In today’s competitive market you can expect lots of competition, all-cash offers, and bidding wars. You want a savvy negotiator on your side to seal the best deal. And a Realtor will help draw up a purchase agreement that allows enough time for inspections, contingencies, and anything else that’s crucial to your particular needs.
4. Realtors make it their mission to know just about everyone who can possibly help in the process of buying or selling a home. Mortgage brokers, real estate attorneys, home inspectors, home stagers, interior designers—the list goes on—and they’re all in your Realtor’s network. Use them.
5. Every agent at Stephens Real Estate is a Realtor which means you get the benefit of working with a licensed real estate salesperson who belongs to the National Association of Realtors®, the largest trade group in the country. What difference does it make? Realtors are held to a higher ethical standard than licensed agents and must adhere to a Code of Ethics.
6. Realtors wear a lot of different hats. Sure, they’re salespeople, but they work hard to earn their commission. They’re constantly driving around, checking out listings for you. They’re researching comps to make sure you’re getting the best deal. And, of course, they’re working for you at nearly all hours of the day and night, whether you need more info on a home or just someone to talk to in order to feel at ease with the offer you just put in.
If you’re wondering whether you should hire a Realtor to help buy or sell your home we’ve just shared a list of great reasons why your answer should be yes. We’re ready to help. Call us at 785-841-4500 or Contact Us.